Thinking about joining my upcoming Mindfulness Skills for Parenting Workshop in Tokyo? Wondering how you might put the skills you gain to use?
Here are a few highlights of how becoming more mindful has made a difference in my life with kids.
Top 10 Mindfulness-Saved-Me Moments in Parenting
- When shopping for 2 hours in the same store while trying to breast feed, change diapers and keep my 3 month old from crying.
- While straddling my kicking and screaming toddler so that I could brush his teeth.
- When sitting in a chair rocking and rocking and rocking for hours hoping the baby would fall asleep.
- When they have a really bad day. When I have a really bad day.
- When my child says, “Let’s run!” “Let’s race!” “Let’s play cars!” for the one hundredth time that day.
- When my child says, “You’re my favorite person in the world mommy. Will you be with me forever?”
- When my son almost died in a foreign country.
- When my husband doesn’t do it the “right” way…or when I don’t.
- When they say, “I wish we just stayed in one place,” and when they say, “I hope we do this forever.”
- When the Internet tells me something I do (or do not) need to know about raising children…always.