Are you ready for a different way to wake up?
The Mindful Mornings Support Group for Mothers is a non-therapeutic communal support and learning space for mothers in Tokyo.
In my work with individual clients and in providing workshops in mindfulness, I consistently hear the same words from almost every mom I encounter…
How do I become more mindful of who I am with my children?
How do I parent the way I want to when no one really understands what I’m going through?
Where in the world do I access an inner sense of calm when rage is always bubbling right beneath the surface?
What am I supposed to do when I feel like I’ve completely lost my way?
Why mornings? Because so much depends, or seems to depend, on how we start out our day. If we can connect mindfully and with presence in those first few moments – to, as I recently said to one mom, “just zip up the jacket, nothing else” – then perhaps we give ourselves the opportunity to be a bit more mindful with the next task, upset, cup of coffee or hug that comes our way.
Why mindfulness? Because mindfulness is not something we take from the outside and apply to our lives. Mindfulness lives inside us. We’re born with all of the skills we need, we’ve simply forgotten how to bring them into our lives each day. Mindfulness is hopeful and present. It’s something we all need more of. Moreover, the spirit of this group is one of sangha – community. I believe, since we all have the practice of mindfulness alive in us somewhere, we grow into our highest and best selves when we share that learning with others. Read more about what mindfulness means to me here.
I’ve had the wonderful privilege and gift to offer a wide range of coaching and mindfulness programs to the expat community in Tokyo over the last three and a half years. This group brings together the spirit of those programs in one space. Moreover, it will also serve as my last group program or workshop for my time here before I depart in June.
This 3 month, 6-session support group will provide you the opportunity to connect with other moms around the common purpose of accessing a more connected, mindful presence in your personal journey as a mother and partner.
Each session will consist of guided meditation, a mindfulness practice learning opportunity for the week, gentle coaching support and guidance all in the company of a supportive community of other mothers with whom to share you experiences, challenges, goals and intentions.
- The program consists of 6, 90-minute sessions from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM on the following Mondays – March 4 and 18, April 1 and 15, May 6 and 20, 2019.
- Meetings will be held in Roppongi near Midtown. Address details provided upon registration.
- Coffee, tea and snacks will be provided.
- Application required. Please complete the application here.
- Total program fee – $150 USD. Please note, the program fee is a membership fee to join the group. No refunds will be provided for missed sessions. If you’re considering applying, please check your schedule and confirm that you plan to attend at least 4 of the 6 sessions.
- Space is limited to 10 participants.
Only that day dawns to which we are awake.Henry David Thoreau