I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the choices we make to contribute to the greater good. Each and every day we’re faced with the choice to do something good for the world or to continue on our way, assuming others will take up the fight…or deciding there’s not really much of a fight out there anyway.
From the smallest of actions (smiling at our barista) to the largest (a lifelong dedication to end suffering) – we all are faced with the choice of how to proceed. The more we think, feel, connect and learn – the greater our capacity to face challenges head-on and the stronger our resolve to join hands with those who face difficulties far greater than those we will ever see.
Many of you are, like me, privileged – in education, finances, love, acceptance, place of birth. Many of us live within systems that value our perspective. We aren’t really called upon to explain ourselves. We all know that worldwide this is not always the case.
And in light of this, many of us have pledged to get better, to do better, to stand up and work more for equality and justice around the world.
Here are some of the things I’m doing this year:
- making contributions to causes I believe in,
- speaking out on issues that are important to me,
- educating others on my experiences working in poverty-stricken places around the world, in education and in non-profit healthcare,
- calling and writing letters to my elected officials and
- educating myself on topics related to social justice and equality.
This list may grow. This is my starting point.
I also feel deeply moved to make sure that no one who wants to make a difference in the world, feels that her voice is silenced, that her efforts are too small, that her dedication is too limited.
With that in mind, I’ve decided to offer pro-bono coaching for social change. This program is designed to help people connect with the values that drive their decisions to make a positive contribution to the world, to support them in developing a plan for acting on those decisions and to provide thoughtful accountability as they take steps to contribute positively to the world.
If you’re ready to make a change and feeling like you can’t quite get your footing or if you know you’re off to a good start, but feel it may be hard to keep up the inertia – this is the perfect opportunity for you. Details below.
In Solidarity for a better world,
- One 90-minute exploratory session to help you lay it all out. You’ll brainstorm, process, clarify the issues about which you’re the most passionate and then make a plan to get to work (including specific goals and your timeline for action).
- Two, 30-minute coaching sessions (via phone or Skype) per month until December 31, 2017. In our coaching sessions I offer: a sounding board, a kind and gentle ear, questions that will help you focus, practical information about how to connect to groups and resources that support your cause and my unfailing belief that you can make a difference in the world.
- Unlimited email support
- World Peace (Okay…maybe that one’s wishful thinking.)
If you’re ready to get to work, email me (Jodi at worldtreecoaching dot com) and tell me what’s inspired you. I cannot wait to hear it and see what a difference you’ll make!
Current spots open: 5